Edgefield History Night
2126 SW Halsey Street, Troutdale, OR 97060
May 30, 2017 | 6:30pm (Doors 5pm) | Blackberry Hall
A Global History of the Cascade Hop
Presented by Peter A. Kopp
Assistant Professor of History at New Mexico State University and author of Hoptopia: A World of Agriculture and Beer in Oregon's Willamette Valley.
Note: topic and presenter change from previous listing
Admission is free to all ages
Donations gladly accepted
Edgefield History Night Schedule
Last Tuesday of the month* - 6:30 p.m. (doors at 5:00 p.m.)
Admission is free
- June 27: Buzz and Amos: Two Oregonians Who Changed River Running History in Grand Canyon. Learn about two adventurous Oregonians, Buzz Holmstrom and Amos Burg, their voyages and the boats they piloted when river running was in its infancy. This presentation includes a screening of Burg's film, Conquering the Colorado, nominated in 1939 for best short documentary. Presented by Vince Welch, author and former professional river guide.
- July 25: Columbia River Intertribal Fish Commission with Stuart Ellis, Biologist
- August 29: Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation Atlas with Malissa Minthorn Winks, CTUIR Tribal Archivist
- September 26: History of Pacific Northwest Wineries with Dick Ponzi & Friends
- October 24*: The Roots of History: Oregon's Heritage Trees presented by Nate Pederson, Community Librarian with Deschutes Public Library, Board President of the Deschutes County Historical Society, and At-Large Member of the Oregon Heritage Trees Committee.
- November 28: Oregon coast Pre-Contact Archaeology with Nancy Nelson, State Archaeologist
- December: No History Night