Our Museums

Barn Exhibit Hall and Harlow House Museum

732 & 726 E Historic Columbia River Highway, Troutdale, Oregon

Temporarily Closed

To keep the public safe and help reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus, the Troutdale Historical Society has made the decision to temporarily close the Barn Exhibit Hall and the Harlow House Museum until further notice. 

We maintain three museums, the c1900 Fred E Harlow House Museum, the 1907 Depot Rail Museum including a 1975 Union Pacific CA-10 Caboose and the 1998 Barn Exhibit Hall with changing exhibits, now hosting the King of Roads Exhibit-Byway of the People.

1998 Barn Exhibit Hall: Exhibiting King of Roads - Byway of the People

Barn Exhibit Hall

Temporarily Closed*

Hours of Operation: TBA

The Barn Exhibit Hall was built in an all volunteer effort by community members, residents, and historical society members in cooperation with the City of Troutdale. Built in the style of a 1926 Troutdale barn, it is 6,400 square feet with two levels. The Troutdale Historical Society office and conference room are located at the rear of the building. It was completed over a 10-year period on a pay as you go basis. The upper floor is used for storage.

 

Click HERE to learn more about the Barn Exhibit Hall.

c1900 Fred E. Harlow House Museum

Fred E Harlow House Museum

*Temporarily Closed*

Hours of Operation: TBA

The Harlow House was built in 1900 by a son of Captain John Harlow and was acquired by the Troutdale Historical Society in 1979. It is maintained as a turn of the century home representing the kinds of furniture and belongings typical of local families. It is on the National Register of Historic Places. Both the Barn Exhibit Hall and the Fred E Harlow House Museum are located in Harlow Park, a public park maintained by the City of Troutdale.

Click HERE to learn more about the Harlow House.

1907 Depot Rail Museum

1975 Union Pacific Caboose at Depot Park

Depot Rail Museum & Caboose

Depot Rail Museum is closed for renovation.

Hours of Operation: TBA 

Troutdale was a bustling railroad stop from the time that trains first traveled east from Portland along the Columbia River in 1882. After the original depot burned in 1907, it was replaced by the current depot, which was acquired from Union Pacific Railroad in 1976 and moved across the tracks to its current site on the Historic Columbia River Highway. The Depot Rail Museum, a Troutdale Historic Landmark, houses train memorabilia and includes a 1975 Union Pacific CA-10 Caboose. It is located in Depot Park, a public park maintained by the City of Troutdale.

Click HERE to learn more about the Depot Rail Museum.

Mailing Address: 219 E Historic Columbia River Highway, Troutdale, Oregon 97060

troutdalehistory@gmail.com  (503) 661-2164

©2020 by Troutdale Historical Society. Proudly created with Wix.com